Sunday, November 18, 2007

Patrick- Everyday Disasters

Since coming to Japan, living on my own for the first time has not been such a challenge, but the experience has also been not without its share of accidents. So far, I have:


  • spilled the entire container of laundry detergent- twice

  • broken three glasses

  • forgot about several food items which rotted quite nastily

  • lost my gloves somewhere

  • accidentally left hot water running for a full day which resulted in a $100 gas bill

  • lost my Japanese dictionary and kanji-studying game on a train

  • broken my chair

This list excludes minor problems, such as losing my keys or my wallet, which happens nearly every day.


Still, despite all these accidents, things are quite good. So far, my own stupidity has only cost me about $100/month, so it could certainly be a lot worse.

No comments: